[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 To :  Gerrit Jacobsen <g_jacobsen@y...>
 From :  Nik Pakar <nikpakar@g...>
 Subject :  Re: [yate] Re: Codec packet size in both ways
 Date :  Wed, 14 Oct 2009 20:52:02 +0530
Hey gerry, many thanks for the hint.
I just tried it. But calls with no audio at all. and the logs shows below.

 No DataTranslator created for 'g729' -> 'alaw'
 DataTranslator::attachChain [0xb7812950] 'g729'
-> [0x8344440] 'alaw' failed

Would there be any other places also to change.

Also if that 10, 10000 was effective, how could it was acting as 20ms by
default :(

Once again many thanks and appreciate your help.

Rgds
Nik

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Gerrit Jacobsen wrote:

> Nik,
>
> I would guess this can be hacked in
>
> DataFormat.cpp
>
> Try
> FormatInfo("g729", 40, 40000),
>
> Gerry
>
>
>
>
> --- On Tue, 13/10/09, Nik Pakar  wrote:
>
> > From: Nik Pakar 
> > Subject: [yate] Re: Codec packet size in both ways
> > To: "Yate mailing list" 
> > Date: Tuesday, 13 October, 2009, 9:51 AM
> > Hello friends,
> > Can any one please give me some hint on
> > this.
> > When using g729 type codec, call orginating yate
> > server send the ptime as 40. But the receiving end
> > yate's codec encoder talk back in 20ms. How can we set
> > this to be on 40ms from both side.
> >
> > Thanks a lot for any help.
> > RgdsNik
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 6:09 AM,
> > Nik Pakar 
> > wrote:
> >
> > Hello friends,
> >
> > I have yate server 1 sending a call to yate server 2.
> > I have set osdp_ptime=40 on the yate1. The call originate
> > with ptime=40. But when the call is live, and media stream
> > established. i can see the call path
> >
> > yate 1 -> yate 2 = is on 40ms
> > yate 2 -> yate 1 = is on 20ms
> >
> > How and where can i set this reverse path packet size
> > for codecs. Since there is no regex involved on the
> > receiving yate2 server for this call, is there any global
> > parameter to set for this.
> >
> > Appreciate any help.
> >
> > Thanks
> > nik
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>



Hey gerry, many thanks for the hint.

I just tried it. But calls with no audio at all. and the logs shows below.

<INFO> No DataTranslator created for 'g729' -> 'alaw'
<WARN> DataTranslator::attachChain [0xb7812950] 'g729' -> [0x8344440] 'alaw' failed

Would there be any other places also to change.

Also if that 10, 10000 was effective, how could it was acting as 20ms by default :(

Once again many thanks and appreciate your help.

Rgds
Nik

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Gerrit Jacobsen <g_jacobsen@y...> wrote:
Nik,

I would guess this can be hacked in

DataFormat.cpp

Try
FormatInfo("g729", 40, 40000),

Gerry




--- On Tue, 13/10/09, Nik Pakar <nikpakar@g...> wrote:

> From: Nik Pakar <nikpakar@g...>
> Subject: [yate] Re: Codec packet size in both ways
> To: "Yate mailing list" <yate@v...>
> Date: Tuesday, 13 October, 2009, 9:51 AM
> Hello friends,
> Can any one please give me some hint on
> this.
> When using g729 type codec, call orginating yate
> server send the ptime as 40. But the receiving end
> yate's codec encoder talk back in 20ms. How can we set
> this to be on 40ms from both side.
>
> Thanks a lot for any help.
> RgdsNik
>
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 6:09 AM,
> Nik Pakar <nikpakar@g...>
> wrote:
>
> Hello friends,
>  
> I have yate server 1 sending a call to yate server 2.
> I have set osdp_ptime=40 on the yate1. The call originate
> with ptime=40. But when the call is live, and media stream
> established. i can see the call path
>  
> yate 1 -> yate 2 = is on 40ms
> yate 2 -> yate 1 = is on 20ms
>  
> How and where can i set this reverse path packet size
> for codecs. Since there is no regex involved on the
> receiving yate2 server for this call, is there any global
> parameter to set for this.
>  
> Appreciate any help.
>  
> Thanks
> nik
>
>
>